Six people are dead and at least 16 others have been wounded in shootings across the city of Chicago so far this weekend.
The weekend’s first fatal shooting occurred just before 10 p.m. in the 7500 block of South Stewart, according to police. The victims were standing on a sidewalk when a person in a blue SUV pulled up and opened fire, striking a total of four people before fleeing southbound on Stewart.
A 26-year-old woman was shot several times in the chest, and was pronounced dead at the University of Chicago Medical Center, according to police. Another woman, a 35-year-old, was also shot in the chest, and she too was pronounced dead at a local hospital.
Two men suffered gunshots wounds, and were listed in stable condition at St. Bernard Hospital, according to authorities.
Just before midnight in the 700 block of North Waller, a 28-year-old man was standing next to a vehicle when multiple gunmen walked up and opened fire, striking him multiple times in the upper body, according to police.
The man was taken to Stroger Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Another man was walking in the neighborhood and was also shot in the back. He was taken to Loyola in stable condition.
Early Saturday morning, officers responded to a call of shots fired in the 5600 block of South Loomis, and when they arrived on the scene they found a 31-year-old man lying on the ground with a gunshot wound to his head.
The man was taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.
At approximately 7:11 a.m. Saturday, officers responded to a call of shots fired in the 1300 block of South Blue Island and found a man, between the ages of 18 and 20, with multiple gunshot wounds. The man was pronounced dead at the scene, and Area Central Detectives are still investigating the shooting.
On Saturday afternoon, another man was shot and killed in the 6700 block of South Wabash, according to police. At 2:32 p.m., officers were called to a residence at the location, where they discovered the man lying on the ground with a gunshot wound to his forehead.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Here are the rest of the weekend’s shootings thus far:
- In the 5000 block of South Justine just before 8 p.m., two men were sitting on a curb when a white vehicle pulled up and a person opened fire, striking both victims. A 24-year-old man was shot in the forearm and thigh, and was taken to the U of C in stable condition. An 18-year-old man was shot in the right foot and left hand, and was listed in stable condition at Holy Cross.
- A 21-year-old man was walking in an alley in the 7100 block of South Ashland at 11 p.m. when he was shot in the hand, police said. The man took himself to Holy Cross, and he is listed in good condition.
- Just after 11 p.m. in the 5900 block of West Madison, a 31-year-old man was walking when he was shot in the lower backside, police said. The man was taken to West Suburban, and he’s listed in stable condition.
- In the 3000 block of East 80th Street at approximately 12:27 a.m., a 31-year-old man was shot in the hip and suffered a graze wound to his hand, but refused medical treatment and left the scene, refusing to cooperate with authorities.
- Three people were sitting on a porch in the 1600 block of West 70th Street at approximately 12:31 a.m. when a person on foot fired shots, striking all three victims. A 31-year-old man is in critical condition at U of C with a gunshot wound to the abdomen, and a 41-year-old man was shot in the leg and is in stable condition at that hospital. A 12-year-old girl was shot in the arm and leg, and she was taken to Comer Children’s Hospital in stable condition.
- At approximately 1 a.m. in the 6000 block of South Racine, a 28-year-old man was shot by a person standing on a gangway. The victim was struck in the hand, and he was treated on scene and released, police said.
- In the 10600 block of South Oglesby at approximately 1:05 a.m., a 19-year-old man was shot in the leg, according to police. He was taken to U of C in stable condition, but couldn’t provide information to police about the shooter.
- A 43-year-old man and a 29-year-old man were standing on a sidewalk when a person in a white vehicle opened fire, striking both men. Both victims were shot multiple times, and were taken to University of Chicago in stable condition, according to police.
- At approximately 5:51 p.m. in the 4800 block of West Washington Boulevard, an 18-year-old man got out of a car and began walking on the sidewalk when he heard shots, police said. The man was taken to West Suburban, and was treated for a gunshot wound to his shoulder.